Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy 60th Rick Lindsay !!!

On Friday, everyone who could break away from exam grading and other end-of-semester activities gathered to wish Rick a happy 60th birthday. Thanks to a lot of quick arrangements by Jenny, a surprise party was put together and Rick was ambushed :-)
Rick received many gag gifts including a suvival chain to assist him at his advanced age :-)
Team 'wildlife' works together to review the various survival items attached to the chain.
Several folks in the main office put together a greatest hits CD (of country music...Rick's favorite). I would mention some of the titles here, but most aren't appropriate for the Internet. Above, Rick gives an impromptu dance lesson to the party goers.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Chad Fisher said...

Good Lord! I'm a 1988 Wildlifer and was telling my boys Rick Lindsay stories. We were all laughing so I decided to see if I could find a picture and stumbled on this. I don't know if anybody else will ever see this comment since the post went up in 2006 but it made my day! It's so good to see both Rick and Dave in one picture. We laughed as I kept thinking of different stories with those guys. After graduating I got into wildland fire and after 5 years realized I should go back to get a Bachelor's degree. I went to University of Montana and graduated the School of Forestry with a degree in Resource Conservation. UM was good, but I've always maintained I received a better education at Haywood Tech!

Chad Fisher
Wildland Fire Operations Program Leader
National Park Service
06/12/2018

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Chad Fisher said...

My mistake! I started in 1988 and graduated HCC in 1990.
Chad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home